Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First Christmas in our new house

On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.