Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default What's on your Christmas Dinner Menu?

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 7:20:04 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> writes:

> >> 1. Even we atheists get the day off work, affording an opportunity to
> >> cook
> >> something more special than is usual for a Tuesday.
> >>

> >Yep, everyone gets the day off. Even grocery stores cut their hours
> >short on December 25th.
> >
> >> 2. Perhaps Jill means "celebrate as a religious holiday". We
> >> celebrate it
> >> as a cultural holiday, just as we do Thanksgiving.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> >You get it!
> >
> >Jill

> I have a dead douglas fir propped up in the living room with lights and
> stuff on it and I'm not even a pagan!
>
> we're going to have turkey dinner on the 24th, with stuffing and cranberry
> sauce, and oh yeah some vegetable thing of some sort

Christmas is a very popular/important holiday in Japan - a non-Christian
nation. My guess is that's the direction that the US is heading - a secular,
non-sentimental, non-reflective, Christmas. The younger generation is apt to
reject their parents religious backstory about the season. Mike Pence and
his buddies will also lessen the appeal of religion for the kids. They shall
be even better at this than Satan and his buddies.

Christmas in Japan is mostly just an excuse to give presents and eat KFC.
Merīkurisumasu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02x5OCNJpA

=

Cute kids)