Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Ideas for Canned Mackerel?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:08:14 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>
>The very thought of canned mackerel makes me cringe. OTOH, canned
>tuna I do like for tuna salad or as a sandwich filling. I've never
>cared for any hot preparation of tuna; e.g., tuna noodle casserole
>or tuna patties. I do like salmon patties, however.

There's (1) canned mackerel in tall round cans. The chunks are big and
have the bone still in them. And there's (2) mackerel fillet in oil,
in flat rounded rectangular cans. I love (1) as an alternative to
salmon in patties. I love (2) for everything else. I also love the
smaller Atlantic fresh mackerels, but I can't get them in Australia. I
think it's a great fish.