Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default Ideas for Canned Mackerel?

Sheldon wrote:

> sqwertz wrotea:
> >
> > I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> > blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> > is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> > drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> > can of tuna tonight).

> Double up on your usual cheapo tube steak and vienna saw-seege.

Or he could go out and blow a bunch of dudes to "up" that protein "ante"...and since he's a midget he won't even have to invest in kneepads, lol :

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-semen-high-in-protein/

"Is semen high in protein?

Yes. Semen is 50% protein by weight and contains a variety of nutrients to protect the sperm cells from damages.

Semen Composition

Protein:

Semen contains both albumin (a protein structure) and free amino acids. The proteins come from the prostate, whereas the amino acids come from the seminal vesicles. A review of several studies found the average amount to be 5040mg/100mL, whereas albumin made up 1550mg of the 5040mg. Although an overall percentage is impossible to calculate due to varying specific gravities of semen and protein content, it is close to 50% protein by weight..."

</>