The Old Bear

(William Parrish) writes:

>From:
(William Parrish)
>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>Subject: Keeping Bread in the drawer
>Date: 25 Aug 2004 10:15:58 -0700
>
>My wife (and therefore, my children) and I have for years had this
>nutty disagreement as to whether it is best to:
>
>1.) Simply retwist the plastic or paper covered wire . . . or
>
>2.) Hold the open end of the bread bag, spin the sucker, . . . and
>laying the bread bag on top of the loose, twisted end

We use plastic clips which we keep in the bread box. They sell
them at the supermarket and most kitchenware stores for a nominal
price. They last for years. Usually get lost (no, I don't know
how) before they even start to wear out.

Like this:

http://www.westons.com/acatalog/Onli...Clips_592.html

They don't get all frayed like the paper-over-wire twist ties and their
colorful enough to be obvious if you forget to put one back on and leave it
on the countertop.

Also, if you are troubled by mold forming on your bread, you can obtain some
radioactive material from your favorite covert source and leave it in your
bread box or drawer. Also helpful for finding the bread in the dark when
you go into the kitchen for that late-night snack.

Cheers,
The Old Bear