Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Bread Success

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 5:16:18 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> > said >> > > > elsewhere >> ... I know what goes into our food and
> > that my >> > > > bread stales far >> faster then bought stuff. I
> > take into >> > > > consideration what they do >> to their breads. I
> > prefer my >> > > > choice of ingredients.

> > their >> > > > >> choice and nothing wrong with that! Personal
> > choice is all) >> > > > >

> > do >> > > > > without attacking other posters for their choices at
> > every turn. >> > > > >

> > slice as >> > > > well but oddly last longer.

> > always >> > > > freeze half, I was just making a comparison with
> > bought breads. >> > >

> > when I >> > > started making my own. I wondered what odd stuff was
> > in there that >> > > made it preserve so long on the counter. I
> > think you could dump >> > > mold on Wonderbread and the mold would
> > die.... >> > >

> > and >> > > enjoy it. I am sure it isn't all so bad.

> > loaf of >> > bread.

> > > I could, but I wouldn't. Most people would buy crap grocery store
> > > bread for $2.50 anyway.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I don't know why you call it crap, it comes out of the oven fresh
> > and if you're lucky you get it while it's still warm.
> >
> > Cheri

> I mean Wonder Bread and the like.
>
> In any event, much grocery store bread baked in-house has dough
> conditioners and other garbage in it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

True of most grocery store bread, tht they have all sorts of extra
stuff. I don't knock grocery store bread totally, but I like better
what we make. I think the thing there on bread is it 'seems like it
takes forever' but reality, if you use a machine assist, it's apt to
take about 5 minutes of you actual time to turn out a decent simple
white.

It's all good if you like it, supermarket or not. I'm not trying to
change anyone but if I converse on recipes or foods, it's naturally
going to be what we cook and eat here. If my eating and cooking makes
me look sometimes a little vegetarian (we ain't) or a bit carb high (we
are but not fat at all) then lets just say I am a bit quirky but
harmless.

carol