Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Taco Bell

On 11/30/2018 12:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>
> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

Kinda sad, really.

It happened in our small town, the KFC/Taco Bell joint closed down
(Salida, CO). Why? Beat's me!

I'm not a big TB fan, but I have eaten there. I like their Burrito
Supreme and their "foil-packed sauces" (hot, med, etc).

I also recall TB introducing "cilantro" to USA citizens. It was their
Steak Fajitas and I had never tasted that flavor, before. I liked it!

To me, it was always a struggle between flavor vs cost. Probably, cuz I
first tasted a Taco Bell "whatever" for a mere $0.19! (yes, everything
on the menu only cost nineteen cents). They were charging over $3.00USD
for a single Burrito Supreme, last time I ate there. Knowing what went
into one, I thought three "plus" dollars was rather extreme. Perhaps
others did too. 8|

nb