Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Swedish Rye Bread?

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:39:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message news >
> writes:
> >

> >"tert in seattle" wrote in message news
> >>
> >>LOL Hey, a question if you are still here D. fancies some kind of
> >>soup!
> >>He has asked for sushi for tomorrow. What kind of soup could I serve in
> >>advance??

> >miso!
> >
> >==
> >
> >I think I got a bit mixed up with my last response.
> >
> >Do you make it yourself or have you used the packs that Dsi1 mentioned?
> >
> >If you use the packs, how do you find them?

> I never make miso - I only eat it at Japanese restaurants
>
> the reason it's so good is katsuobushi
>
> ==
>
> Thanks I did look up your 'katsuobushi' but i don't think it is for me
>
> I can get miso in the supermarkts here. Next time I go shopping I will pick
> up a pack and see how it turns out

You should also pick up a box of soup base/dashi. It comes in a small box and has around 10 bags that will make a lot of stock. It's cheap too - usually about a buck.

Boil 4 cups of water and add one bag of the stock. Add about 2 tablespoons of miso and stir until dissolved. That's it. I'll usually add some diced tofu and green onions. I like the soup but it's going to taste rather odd to you guys, I think.