Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boxed Meal Kits?

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/26/2018 10:19 PM, barbie gee wrote:
>>

>> I've seen bananas in a few places in a store, most often by the breakfast
>> cereals as well as the produce section.
>>
>> It's confusing.
>>

> Why? Many people put bananas on cereal so it is handy to have some there
> as well as in the produce section.

Agree. What I dislike is when a store puts a product in a weird section and
not at all where you think it would be. Example: Central Market has a
section of Mexican foods. But there are no beans there. All beans including
refried are in the bean section.

Another example at the same sto Fortune cookies are on the aisle with
Japanese breads. Not in the section with Asian cookies and candies. And you
have to buy a ton. They do not sell the box of a dozen like other stores do.

Another example. They have cheese in three different places. Used to be
four. They used to have alternative/dairy free cheese in the vegan
refrigerated section. Now they are in the dairy case with the mostly cheaper
cheeses. And yet... They have a cheese case that carries importer and local
cheeses such as Beecher's. It's on the other side of the store from the
dairy case. You will find imported butter over there. Then there is the deli
dept. where you can get more cheese. Oh and I forgot the cold food bar. If
you want fresh Mozzarella, it's over there.

I'm all for convenient product placement. But please also put the damned
stuff where it belongs or at least put up a sign directing people to the
other aisle or aisles where we might find the product.

Central Market has butter in three different places. The two I just
mentioned and and end cap. There you will find the chef's portions or
whatever you call the large, oddly shaped almost rectangles in huge amounts,
wrapped in waxed paper.