Alan

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:04:17 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>In making our cross country move, we ran across a delicious soup in two
>different restaurants. It was a cheese soup with dumplings in it. It
>tasted like macaroni and cheese. I believe the first two letters of the
>soup were "kn". I also believe that both restaurants that served it were
>located in North Dakota. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am looking
>for the name of the soup and/or a recipe. From the best I can gather in
>searching the Internet, it seems to be a German Russian recipe. I have
>found dumpling soups (mostly in chicken broth) and also some cheese and
>potato dumplings that can be added to the broth of your choice or served
>with gravy. I realize this soup is probably not suitable for a diabetic,
>but my daughter loved it and I'd like to make it. In the meantime, I think
>I'll try the potato and cheese dumplings served in a broth with non-starchy
>vegetables. That way I can eat more soup and less dumplings.
>
>Thanks!

Hi Julie

I found a few different sites using Jeeves
http://web.ask.com/webadvanced. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the
actual recipe, just booksales, but these may lead you to links:

http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extnews/new...0/08plains.htm
Agriculture Communication, North Dakota State University
"Right now, you see, I have gotten myself into a fine kettle of
knoephla/knoepfle, as now I have all these leads to check out. An
expatriate Dakotan (Mike a.k.a. "Fat Boy" Weiss) says to check out the
cafe in LangdonBI think that would be Gracie's--for knoephla soup, but
Sharon Wamsley says no, the best is at the Pasthymes in Steele, served
Mondays and Thursdays. And Ed Keller from Dickinson, who sides with Joe
Kisch on the spelling controversy, nominates the Rolling Hills Café on
I-94 west of Mandan for best of breed in the knoepfle category."
http://www.kitchenproject.com/kpboard/wwwboard.html
GERMAN RECIPES AND TIPS DISCUSSION BOARD
http://www.prairiepublic.org/feature...y/knoepfla.htm
Knoepfla Supp
Picture and comment
http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/grhc/recipes/index.cgi
Couldn't find the recipe, but lots of books for sale

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.