Posted to rec.food.cooking
Fruitiest of Fruitcakes Fruitiest of Fruitcakes is offline

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On 24 Nov 2018, graham wrote
(in article >):

http://bakingbites.com/2008/09/corn-...-golden-syrup/

> > Karo by the way is a brand so 'corn syrup' might be easier to locate
> > where you are?

> If you find golden syrup, you could always make treacle tart, a
> traditional dessert:
>
> https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/treacletart_67656
>
> or:
> https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/treacletart_85741
>
> There are many more versions at that site.
>
> I remember that the version we had at school was made with cornflakes
> instead of breadcrumbs. I suppose corn syrup could be substituted.

Oh yes, cornflakes treacle tart for school dinners. I had forgotten all about
that. I used to love it with custard, although it had a tendency to stick to
the teeth.