Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:
> The USDA sanctioned recipes assume a worst-case scenario with low-acid
> varieties and improper ripening. I wonder how important adding acid is
> if you grow old-fashioned commerical canning varieties like Marglobe,
> Rutgers, or any of the Campbell or Heinz numbered varieties (Heinz 1439,
> etc.) I don't know if it matters or not, I'm just wondering.

> Bob

I think somewhere on the U of MN Extension Svc site is a list of some
tomatoes that are low acid. For some reason, I have it in my mind that
the info may even be in the FAQ file.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-18-04; Sushi Story
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."