Tea

"Mike Petro" > wrote in message

> Dear Shyne,
>
> My recommendation to you is to find your nearest Narcotics Anonymous
> group and get involved! They can teach you how to live a drug free
> HAPPY life IF you let them. The first thing you will learn is that the
> problem is YOU, not everyone and everything around you. Sugar,
> caffeine, and other mild mood altering substances are only a problem
> if your use of them makes your life unmanageable. If you find it
> annoying that you have to read the labels to ensure that you don't
> ingest what amounts to poison to you, then either get over it or get
> back on the drugs. The world is not going to conform to your
> weaknesses, and just because you cant handle something doesn't mean
> that other people cant. All of that hogwash about legalization of
> drugs is just rearmaments of your drug addicted past. The problem that
> you are dealing with right now is that you have lost your best friend
> (drugs) and you haven't figured out how to live at peace with yourself
> with out them. Excuse me for not being very sympathetic, but I know
> from experience that you can either be miserable, or you can live at
> peace with yourself, and the choice is yours not anybody else's.
> Seriously, go find a NA meeting, it will absolutely be the best
> possible move you can make! There will be many people there who have
> been EXACTLY where you are right now.
>
> Been there, done that, came out the other side.....
> Clean and sober for 16 years.
>
> Mike P.

Thanks. Mike. I couldn't have said it better myself. I come from a family
of drug users- alcoholics. During a very bad period of my life I dated
several dry drunks in a row. Both groups thought drugs were the Devil; the
only thing on which they disagreed was whether alcohol was healthy. quite
frankly I found the dry drunks more annoying- because they couldn't drink or
be near alcohol, nobody could use it. One of them didn't even want me to use
rum in a cake, even though the alcohol would have evaporated during the
cooking process.

Cannabis is not healthy. It's a drug. Caffeine is a drug too. The healthy
opium poppy enslaved much of China, and the drug at that time wasn't nearly
as pure and dangerous as it is now. Cannabis is purer than ever- and I know
plenty of hop heads whose brains are fried. Of course, they think they're
fine- but they don't move as quickly or accurately as others who aren't
habitual users.

Caffeine can be a horrible drug if one is suffering from withdrawal- but
most people aren't using that much of it if they are tea drinkers. It's a
big deal nowadays if I have two cups in a row. There are plenty of people
like me who don't suffer from java jitters or anything else.
In every society, mild psychotropics can be found. Even in the wild,
animals such as apes and elephants gravitate towards fermented fruit and
plants that make them 'feel good'. While there are numerous unfortunate
cases of people who suffer from addiction most people and animals don't.

Coca is not chewed in the US, sending small trace amounts into the body.
It's snorted or smoked or shot- all of which are lethal delivery systems.
Popy juice is not but with wine and used in minute amounts in the US- it's
processed to deliver the biggest hit it has. And as for pot, any grower
will tell you that the plants are bred to give a much higher high than they
did in the 50s or even 70s- the cannibis available now is not mild.
Meanwhile, one can easily buy decaf coffee, tea and cola, and different
types of these products have different levels fo the drug in them. Not a
single person so far as anyone knows has died solely of caffeine poisoning
from drinking too much tea, or suffered brain and/or motor damage. I can
show you plenty of ****ed-up potheads though, just as I can show you plenty
of ****ed-up alcoholics, cigarette smokers, and dope fiends.