Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On 2018-11-17 3:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 10:24:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> Wow, popovers sound great, I haven't made them for a long time.
>> Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Are they like our Yorkshire Puds?

> They are sort of the same. They're both baked products that rely on
> heat reacting with eggs to create a leavening action. The popover
> dough forms a hollow shell and balloons out of the pan. It's fun to
> make and looks impressive but mostly it's a lot of hot air. I'll eat
> one but the experience is mostly hollow and empty. They're easy to
> make. I've made them but I'm so over popovers.

They are basically the same recipe, though good Yorkshire pudding should
be cooked in pre-heated hot pan with a generous amount of hot beef fat
in it. Leftover Yorkies could be eaten with butter and jam. Due to the
nature of them they lose a lot of their quality scrumptiousness when
re-heated. Fresh or re-heated, they are a good vehicle for gravy.