Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 10:56:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 10:24:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Cheri" wrote in message news > >

> > > Sounds great! And suddenly I'm thinking of popovers ....
> > >
> > > nancy

> > Wow, popovers sound great, I haven't made them for a long time. Thanks for
> > reminding me.
> >
> > Cheri
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Are they like our Yorkshire Puds?

> They are sort of the same. They're both baked products that rely on heat
> reacting with eggs to create a leavening action. The popover dough forms a
> hollow shell and balloons out of the pan. It's fun to make and looks
> impressive but mostly it's a lot of hot air. I'll eat one but the experience
> is mostly hollow and empty. They're easy to make. I've made them but I'm so
> over popovers.
>
> ==
>
> Awwwwwww I am sorry you don't like them! Others seem to love them! Still,
> we all go on and off things)

Yes, some people love popovers. There was a popover craze in the US about 15 years ago. That's fads for you - sometime they're pretty random. Yer puds are alright but mostly I was delighted to meet a cook that was so very proud of them. It was a highlight of my time in Wales.