Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 10:24:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> > On 11/17/2018 11:06 AM, Cheri wrote:
> >> "Nancy Young" > wrote

> >> Sounds great Nancy. I like the gravy over buttered bread the next day
> >> best.

> > Sounds great! And suddenly I'm thinking of popovers ....
> >
> > nancy

> Wow, popovers sound great, I haven't made them for a long time. Thanks for
> reminding me.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Are they like our Yorkshire Puds?

They are sort of the same. They're both baked products that rely on heat reacting with eggs to create a leavening action. The popover dough forms a hollow shell and balloons out of the pan. It's fun to make and looks impressive but mostly it's a lot of hot air. I'll eat one but the experience is mostly hollow and empty. They're easy to make. I've made them but I'm so over popovers.