Tony Lew

Default Carbs, again

Frogleg > wrote in message >. ..
> >Bob Pastorio wrote:

> >> http://tinyurl.com/ws8b

> "The Masai in Africa, all they eat is raw beef and drink raw beef
> blood and drink milk," says reproductive endocrinologist Gil
> Wilshire."
>
> This is the kind of "science" (quotes indicating sarcasm) that drives
> me nuts. The Masai *are* cattle herders, and they *do* drink the
> blood. With a brief Google, I turned up much anecdotal material with
> Belive It Or Not flavors, -- "The traditional Masai diet consists
> of six foods:meat, milk, animal blood, animal fat, tree bark, and
> honey." It's surely a Fun Fact to *know* that these people live on
> such a peculiar diet, and much more interesting than that they raise
> cattle, drink the blood, eat the meat, make cheese in *addition* to
> less ununsual foods. (I don't know. I'm just guessing that most humans
> make use of whatever foodstuffs are available.) Much like "the Inuits
> have 400 words for 'snow'."

No worse than a lot of the "politically correct" science we see a lot
of. How many times have I read, "The Japanese eat little fat and
Japanese women have less breast cancer than American women, who eat a
lot more fat". Ergo, a high-fat diet caused breast cancer. Duh, does that
mean that's the ONLY difference in the diets and therefore must be the
cause?