Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Canned Peas

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Would you official UKers kindly post your recipe for "mushy
peas?" I like them but not sure I have been making them the
"official" way. So many different ways shown with a google
search.

* This question was posted just for Jill and Wayne who both so
often post off-topic yet constantly complain about others and
'not enough food topics here'

==

I don't make them very often, but this is pretty much what I do.

This is from All Recipes UK

Ingredients
Serves: 4
300g (11 oz) frozen peas
4 tablespoons double cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (no I don't use this but I know you
do

Method
Prep:5min ۼ Cook:10min ۼ Ready in:15min

1.Bring a shallow pot of lightly salted water to the boil over medium high
heat. Add frozen peas, and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender.
2.Drain peas, and transfer to a blender or large food processor. Add cream,
butter, salt and pepper to peas, and process until blended, but still thick
with small pieces of peas. Adjust seasonings to taste, and serve
immediately.

If you do make it, please report back)