Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Canned Peas

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 7:45:51 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> Somewhere in the conglomeration of posts, someone mentioned it's amazing
> how many people dislike peas. I said I didn't like peas when I was
> growing up because the only ones I ever had were canned peas.
>
> Sheldon mentioned Le Seuer brand canned young peas. Just thought I'd
> mention, yes, I've tried that brand. They are slightly better than
> other brands of canned peas. But hey, they're still just canned peas.
> I much prefer the taste and texture of frozen baby peas over any brand
> of canned peas.
>
> Jill

Coincidentally, we went out for Turkish food last night. The veg of the
day was peas cooked in tomato sauce. Although they were barely still
green and were quite soft, I found them quite enjoyable. The entire
order was:

Him:

Tossed salad
Lentil soup
Braised ground lamb on a puddle of roasted eggplant paste (similar
to Sultan's Delight, but with ground lamb: <https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/braised-lamb-over-silky-eggplant-puree-sultans-delight-105018>)
Rice and vermicelli pilaf

Me:
Anatolian soup (a hot yogurt soup flavored with mint and hot peppers; it
also contained what the waiter described as "wheat berries")
Roasted salmon crusted with pistachios
Bulgur pilaf
Peas cooked in tomatoes

Cindy Hamilton