Alan_B

"Renee" > wrote in
:

> I need to purchase a new roasting pan for this year's Thanksgiving
> turkey. Can anyone give me their thoughts as to the best material it
> should be made of? I want it to make good stove-top gravy with the
> drippings and be easy to clean. I was thinking of going with an all
> stainless steel one -- the same as my regular pots and pans.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions
>
> Renee

I use to use that cheap old enameled job you find in many
suppermarkets...But with a convection oven I upgraded to a cheap shallow
metal roasting pan and a v-rack roaster/roasting <??> insert.

The v-rack holds the bird or roast up a little and allows drippings to
collect in the roasting pan. By holding the roast up out of the pan the
convection works better plus the bottom of what I'm roasting browns/crisps
up better.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom