Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Death of American Cheese?

"cshenk" wrote in message

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news

> > > Me too, but it saddens me how many people think American cheese
> > > is nothing more than Kraft singles.
> > >

> > Sadly, that seems to be the case. American cheese isn't limited to
> > Kraft individually wrapped slices of plasticized cheese food.
> >
> > I'm thrilled "young people" are discovering imported cheeses. But
> > that's not a reason to declare ware on real American cheese. I'm
> > sure lots of dairy farmers would agree with me.
> >
> > Look at the places the article is talking about. Wendy's. Panera
> > Bread. I've eaten at Cracker Barrel but I never ordered their mac
> > & cheese. These are millenials who don't cook. Despite the
> > article, they don't get to dictate what's available for me to buy
> > at the store.

> I'm not a cheese snob although I have found a few to be too sharp or
> mild for my tastes. I generally buy whatever I find the best deal on.
> If I get something that's too sharp, I can mix it with mild or vice
> versa. I do keep certain ones almost all the time. Those would be
> med. cheddar, Swiss, gouda, mozzarella, Parmesan and Feta.

I am a self admitted cheese snob but i stock the common things you list
as well.

Meantime, a bean pot!

So it's a little chilly and feels right.

16oz White beans
1.5lbs 'seasoning meat' from the Farmers Market (foot of Dam Neck)
1 large onion
1TB minced dried garlic
3ts granulated roasted garlic
2ts garlic salt
2ts Tandoori blend seasoning (fairly spicy)
Water to cover plus 2 inches for now, add more at need later

Set in crock pot on high for now. Totally sniffilicious!
==

Please describe 'seasoning meat'?

---

[I am being impersonated. Please check my e-mail address]