Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Death of American Cheese?

On 10/12/2018 4:10 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> jmcquown > wrote:
>> On 10/12/2018 3:32 PM, notbob wrote:
>>> On 10/12/2018 1:12 PM, wrote:
>>>
>>> Izzit any wonder Americans are buying more and more foreign cheeses?
>>>
>>> American cheese is good for only one thing .....it's melting properties.
>>> Â*Otherwise, American cheese SUCKS!
>>>
>>> I mean that is all sincerity.Â* 8|
>>>
>>> nb

>> Meltability is a good thing. I like actual American cheese. The
>> kind you can get in the deli section of the supermarket. Not processed
>> American "cheese-food".
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Me too, but it saddens me how many people think American cheese is nothing
> more than Kraft singles.

Sadly, that seems to be the case. American cheese isn't limited to
Kraft individually wrapped slices of plasticized cheese food.

I'm thrilled "young people" are discovering imported cheeses. But
that's not a reason to declare ware on *real* American cheese. I'm sure
lots of dairy farmers would agree with me.

Look at the places the article is talking about. Wendy's. Panera
Bread. I've eaten at Cracker Barrel but I never ordered their mac &
cheese. These are millenials who don't cook. Despite the article, they
don't get to dictate what's available for me to buy at the store.

Jill