Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hank Rogers[_2_] Hank Rogers[_2_] is offline

Default Cornstarch secrets

Brice wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 14:09:41 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 10:34:20 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know if others like it, it's my kind of thing.
>>> Chinese restaurants always have a big batch of fried rice at the ready
>>> and lobster sauce cooks up quickly... of course it contains no
>>> lobster, just ground pork. I sometimes prepare lobster sauce at home
>>> but rarely do I prepare fly lice, I don't think it's worth the
>>> effort... we rarely have left over cooked rice in the fridge unless
>>> it's rice and beans or Spanish rice.
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_sauce
>>> https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...r-sauce-323257
>>> Use freshly ground white pepper.
>>>

>> I can honestly say I've never seen 'lobster sauce' in any of the Chinese
>> restaurants I've been to. Those pictures are stomach churning to me.

> I don't see what's stomach churning about it. But it is strange to use
> sherry in a traditional Chinese recipe, in this age of availability.

When Popeye makes "fly lice", he uses a nit comb on his groin to harvest
the lice for his recipe ... Hence fly lice.

The lobster term is because the crab lice crawling around remind him of
lobsters when he observes them with a magnifier.