Anders Tørneskog

"pavane" > skrev i melding

> .... As Dale noted, the spirits don't deteriorate so
> there might be some value there, and some things (a 50 year old
> Cognac bottling, perhaps) might just be very interesting.

Fwiw, I think I've heard that a 3-star cognac of 50-70 years ago was the
equivalent of a V.S.O.P. or even a Napoleon today.
Marketing, of course - people go for what is perceived as a great buy, and
buy names and/or designations. You got problems selling your 3-star brandy?
Put two more on the label, and increase the price Wow, sales take off!
So, that odd bottle of 50 years ago might even be very good! (Or very poor,
of course :-)
Anders