Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Best Foods Real Ketchup

dsi1 wrote:
> I always like to put some ketchup on scrambled eggs. It's a "thing" on this rock. My understanding is that it's a "thing" on parts of the mainland too. To some people it's kind of a repulsive practice. I'll put on whatever kind of ketchup is at hand and I always enjoy it - unless the egg is overcooked. I can't abide by overcooked eggs.

I still like ketchup on eggs occasionally. Started that when I
was about 10 years old.

When I make scrambled eggs, I cook 4 of them. I like them plain
with S&P and sometimes some melted cheese mixed in too. I always
put a blob of ketchup on the side though. I often will mix that
in just for the last few bites of the egg.

Every so often, I make fried egg sandwiches for dinner...
- 4 pieces of toast
- 1 slice american cheese divided for both sandwiches
- 3 over easy eggs, then 1 1/2 on each sandwich.
- S&P on both, and ketchup on one of them

I'll eat the plain egg and cheese first....yum
The second one with ketchup is also yum....it's my dessert one

Nothing childish about using ketchup unless you are trying to act
superior here. I don't care. I like what I like. :-)

I also don't care about brands. Right now here, I have Heinz,
Hunts, Essential Everyday, and a 20 oz bottle of Nickolodean
SLIME sauce. It's a bright green ketchup. Very odd but tastes
just like any other ketchup. Made from Great Value Ketchup - sold
in Walmart. heh eheh