Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default WalMart Grocery Section

Janet wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > I went to get my prescription refilled at WalMart. While I was
> > waiting I decided to peruse the grocery section. I'm now convinced
> > I'll never bother shopping for food there.
> >
> > The shelves in the meat section were practically bare. Beef, pork,
> > poultry, didn't matter. They had a few "family packs" of chicken
> > thighs and (IMHO tough-as-nails) sirloin strip steaks and one
> > lonely chuck roast but not much else. I commented to another
> > customer and she said, "It's always like that."
> >
> > The "bakery" section was equally spare, unless you're in the market
> > for a pre-made cake, cupcakes or cookies.
> >
> > There wasn't much in the way of fresh fruit or vegetables, either.
> >
> > Just for fun I wandered down the frozen food aisles (both of them).
> > They had ice cream, frozen cakes & pies aplenty. Frozen
> > vegetables? Vast empty spaces... although I did see a lot of bags
> > of frozen riced cauliflower!

> I should think Florence has disrupted stock deliveries across
> a large area.
>
> Janet UK

It did. Florence hit about 400miles (I am not sure how that translates
to UK size). Some didnt get much damage (My area had costal flooding
but not what we would call major here).

Because they couldn't predict well on this one, approximately 20% of
Hampton roads was under evacuation orders.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.