Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Oops, I left a pot of tomato sauce out all night

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 3:22:23 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> Ketchup has a ton of sugar and other preservatives. Not comparable to
> tomato sauce.

I use a lot of ketchup. Wonderful stuff. It is not comparable to tomato
sauce since they serve two different functions. It is also important that
ketchup contains sugar because it's used as a sweetener in Asian cooking.
Preservatives are fine with me since I don't refrigerate it. It's a cheap,
generic, reliable, and important, product. Here's some spicy garlic
eggplant with breadfruit. The base of the sauce is ketchup.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...O0wqgVaZ4QKmUG

==

That looks delicious .. but spice ... I wouldn't dare try it