Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Mom's Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar

"Druce" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:24:08 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:33:54 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Druce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:53:57 -0300, wrote:

>>>Mine have been indoor cats for years now and I do not believe it is
>>>cruel.

>>If cats come from an animal shelter, where who knows what fate would
>>have awaited them, I also think it's not cruel.
>>
>>==
>>
>>What is not cruel?
>>
>>All our dogs have come from shelters, and I suppose if we ever feel unable
>>to take care of one, we would go to a cat shelter.
>>
>>Believe me, we are used to very odd behaviour in our animals

>I meant that it's not cruel to keep a cat from a shelter or otherwise
>without an owner as an indoor cat. It beats being put down.
>
>I also think getting animals from a breeder, encouraging them to breed
>more, is wrong when there are already too many cats and dogs looking
>for a home.
>
>==
>
>Yes, too many animals are desperate for homes. I would never buy from a
>breeder. I would love to take them all, but look what happened to the
>woman
>who had my Poppy
>
>All we can do is encourage people to look at rescue centres.

Yes. I can understand the temptation to become the neighbourhood cat
or dog lady (well, not lady). I'd better stay away from animal
shelters, unless we have a vacancy.

==

Yes. That will be best. We cannot save all the desperate animals that we
would like to help