Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner tonight

https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/e...s-on-my-grill-

> I've used my 22 inch Weber several times to smoke pork butts. After a
> 2 hour smoke they are then finished in the oven at 300° for 3 hours. But
> smoking in an upright smoker I think I'd like to try, but then maybe not.
> The upright smoker would be an 8 to 10 hour completely outside job.

I bought one of those upright smokers for my middle brother back in the
1980's. He decided it would be a great idea to smoke the Thanksgiving
turkey. (He also thought it was a great idea to go out partying with
his friends until 3AM.) He dragged himself out of bed around 6AM to get
it started. I forget what type of wood chips he used in the water pan.
Well, it was so freaking cold outside the coals wouldn't stay lit.

He thought he'd be able to just let the smoker do its thing and he could
catch some zzzz's. It didn't work out that way. LOL

I'm already not a fan of turkey (although if forced I'll take some meat
from the drumstick). That smoked turkey tasted awful. No good using
the meat for leftovers like turkey tetrazzini or turkey pot pie, either.
Live and learn!

Jill