Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lenona321@yahoo.com is offline

Default Trick for keeping food fresh....

Chances are many (most?) of you are more disciplined than I am and don't really need this trick, I admit.

Since I can be lazy about finishing leftovers, I have a spoilage problem, especially when I'm just not in the mood to eat the same things two or three days in a row. (There's also a freezer burn problem.) This is despite the fact that I know how to keep my grocery bill under $100 a month, including dessert and occasional takeout.

I also need to de-clutter my place, so I hit on something. Namely, for the last 7 months, I've been selling off stuff and buying groceries with the cash I get. I decided that I would not buy ANY food unless I had the cash for it, without visiting an ATM (I ALWAYS use cash for groceries). This just might lower my grocery bill even further and solve the spoilage problem. (I might even de-clutter at a faster rate because of this - my relatives will be thrilled if that happens!)

Lenona.