Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default Salt free pickles

pheasant16 wrote:
> Doc says low salt.
>
> Have to say good bye to my fermented dills.
>
> Have been looking at various recipes for no salt dills. Realize I'm
> going to have to use vinegar for the first time in 20 years.
>
> Anyone have any particular favorite recipes to share.

how are you with sugar?

i just use apple cider vinegar and mix it roughly
1 part with 2 parts water or stronger (up to half and
half) depending upon how tightly i pack the jars.

the salt and sugar i add are for flavoring. if
you really like crisp try Pickle Crisp as that
supposedly helps and may be even more noticeably
different in pickles done without salt.

i add salt and a little sugar to the brine i use
but i wouldn't mind leaving them out either if i
had to.

and dill, plenty of dill.

songbird