Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Here's a Question

On 7/20/2018 6:58 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:00:05 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
>>> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
>>> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
>>> you.

>> Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a
>> good idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be
>> Googling my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on
>> my best behavior.*

> ======
>
> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
> make sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and
> other things like that.
>
> Cheri

In this day and age? Of course! If they're reading ads on Craigslist
they are certainly capable of using Google.

I look at those photos and think the place is a huge mess. It would not
attract me as a renter looking to live in a rooming house. I'm
certainly not of the white glove germaphobe set (as inferred). I simply
would not think about renting a room in that place.

It is not comfortable and home-ey is a bit too much. It's just plain
messy. Oh, and he should forget about the damn Hookah. Doesn't make
his place sound cool. It makes it sound like he's a nut.

Jill