Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:00:09 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> I've owned a KA dishwasher and stove since 1987. They've been
> superior[1].
> I don't want any major kitchen appliances based on the newest, fancy
> electronics. It's expensive trickery and premature failure, I tell you.
>
> [1] Past performance is no guarantee for future acquisitions.
>
> leo

That's a pretty good idea. I've had numerous electronic control boards fail on my appliances. I replaced the board on my dishwasher a couple of times. The boards can't take the moisture and the heat. That's strange. After the third failure, I just replaced the damn thing.

The same thing happened to my microwave which is mounted above the range. Near as I can figure, the steam from foods cooking just killed it. I unmounted it and put the unit in my car but nobody wanted to look at it. Near as I can figure, they'd rather do a very profitable/expensive service call. I dumped it and got a cheaper unit.

I've also had control boards fail on the refrigerator and the range, not to mention my cars. The transmission control box is prone to not working when the weather gets damp. The ABS control board isn't rugged enough and breaks delicate wires. Of course, they're both Bosch units.

The trouble with consumer electronic appliances is that the circuit boards should be made bulletproof but they're not. The good news is that I hope to die soon so I won't have to deal with these things.