Posted to rec.food.cooking
Druce Druce is offline

Default U.S. government does it again

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:37:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>
>The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>
>People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...

Everything you say about religion also applies to daytime television.

"The ability to watch daytime television is not really important for
the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no
thought to daytime television. Most animals have not considered
daytime television nor have they rejected it. It is something not
conceivable to them. Daytime television is the providence known only
to man. Bitching about daytime television is like complaining that
we're human. "