Posted to rec.food.cooking
Graham Graham is offline

Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On 2018-07-13 10:51 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/13/2018 12:18 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> It's a nice ride there for me, and I'll often combine the trip
>>> with a stop at the recycle yard a couple of miles away.Â* If I
>>> needed to use public transportation it would be a place I never
>>> went.

>> My "City of Va.Beach" is way too large (ie- spread out)...not a
>> real city like you would think. My nearest two bus stops are both
>> over 1 mile away.Â* And if you walk to one and catch a bus, they
>> usually don't go where you want.

> I've tried looking up online where buses go around here.
> I know they go from the community college in town to the
> train station.Â* I see a bus stop by the supermarket area.
>
> The routes and times are a secret, and I still don't know how
> to get to Whole Foods.Â* Not that I'm pretending I'd take the
> bus there.
>> I did a bus trip to the mall one time and one time only. What a
>> joke!

> Massively time consuming, I'm willing to bet.
>
> nancy

Greyhound has just announced that it will no longer serve Western Canada
- apart from the Seattle - Vancouver route that is operated by the US arm.
Of course there are protests as some people in rural areas depend on it
from time to time. However, I've seen it coming as I have used the
freight service for 30 years and have seen the gradual drop in ridership
and the concomitant scheduling.