Posted to rec.food.cooking
Graham Graham is offline

Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On 2018-07-13 8:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:33:25 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>

>>> My Bosch range is a piece of crap (considering what it cost). When
>>> we replaced the dishwasher, my husband wouldn't even consider a Bosch.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Sometimes with these name brand appliances, they get worse as time goes on
>> instead of better, cheaply made and not made to last. I have found that to
>> be true with some.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Very early last year, I had an accident and was off my feet for some time.
>> I didn't have a dishwasher .. didn't want one, but during the time I was off
>> my feet D got fed up of washing up and ordered a dishwasher <g>
>>
>> It is a Bosch and has never given any bother. Is it likely to as it gets
>> older or would it have shown up by now?

> I imagine that the ones sold for the U.S. market are not subject
> to as stringent quality processes. It really seems to be a
> crapshoot as to whether a given Bosch is wonderful or terrible.
>
> Honestly, the only problem with my stove is that the hinges on
> the oven door are faulty and the door doesn't shut properly.
> We could have sent it back to the factory to be fixed, but instead
> my husband fabricated a device to force the door more nearly closed.
> Because the door doesn't close properly, the plastic knobs on the
> front of the range have deteriorated from the heat.
>
> Other than that, the stuff that you'd think would be really fragile,
> like the controller circuit board, has been just fine.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The hinges on mine had to be replaced, under warranty thankfully. They
are just too weak. The cooling fan for the electronics failed when I was
baking a batch of bread and the oven shut off. The fan is noisy but at
least it doesn't whistle as much as the old one.
I would really like a Miele but that would entail a kitchen refit ($$$$)