Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>Prime is worth it to me for those irritating little things you want
>specifically but will entail running all over town to find who has it.
>Just get on Amazon and order those boot shoe strings in the color and
>length you want. Can't find those cabinet magnets? Specific
>gardening supplies? Amazon has them. I made up the cost of Prime in
>shipping alone -- a trade off instead traipsing around town in the car
>using my time and gasoline. I am almost embarrassed when I order a
>less than $10 item to be shipped.

I feel exactly the same... Amazon Prime is a bargain considering all
the time, energy and driving expenses saved, and it's not just
gasolene, it's putting on miles and wear and tear, and most
importantly a lot less risk of an accident sitting at my PC.
And there's nothing Amazon doesn't have... sometimes I'm thinking to
buy the most mundane item, as you say like shoe laces for my work
boots, Amazon has them in every color and length, and for a lot less
cost than from the sporting goods stores.... also they sell a better
quality shoelace, I can't wear them out, and for some reason the cats
don't chew the ends off like they do with LLBean laces. Amazon sells
the "Miscly" brand, comes in a three pack, been using the first set
for three years now and they show no wear, nor do they loosen.... and
I wear them every day.
I don't feel guilty ordering a $10 item with free shipping,
considering I buy many more expensive items. And it's not just free
shipping, it's free packaging too, and packaging can be expensive,
order a $30 shovel and it has to cost $10 for packaging materials,
plus someone's labor.
Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
yearly fee has sawdust for brains.