Canadian Balloon Inflator

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, FujiGirl wrote:

> "Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
> > "Filip Geerts" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> BTW:
> >> Westvleteren Trappist is only sold to individual customers. Every
> >> customer
> >> promises not to sell the beer to others.

> > Is that really still the policy, Filip, or are people ignoring it? Because
> > I have purchased more than a few bottles of Westvleteren from retail
> > stores and pubs in the States.
> >
> > -Steve
> >

> that's exactly what it says on the brewery's website
> http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/brouwerij.html
> steve, how long ago did you last purchase your Westies? we're all getting
> conflicting reports indeed.
>
> damnit all to hell, anyone is orgarnising a trip down to the brewery and
> cafe de vrede? ))))))

I've read in many reports that despite the restrictions imposed by the
monks selling at the monastery, the beer is indeed re-sold. The labels
placed on the bottles are not even the monastery's own doing, as they only
come with variously colored crowns.
As I understand it, people affiliated with the importer line up and buy
their 2 cases when the new batch is released. They then label it, ship
it, etc. With quite a markup.

Its available in most major US markets.