Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Walmart Great Value coffee

l not -l wrote:

> Playing Army was a lot more fun when a little kid, than as an older kid.
> 8-(

I was in the last year of the Vietnam draft. I told my dad that
if I got a draft notice, I would run right down and volunteer for
the Marine Corp. I figured they were better trained and maybe
better chance of surviving a tour of Vietnam.

My dad was high up in the defense department and he responded,
"Are you out of your mind, son? Marines are the first ones they
send in to all the hot spots."

As it turned out, I got a very high draft number pick that year
(335 out of 365), so I never got drafted and I never joined.
Instead, I moved to Virginia Beach to work and surf every day.

whew!