Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Walmart Great Value coffee

http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna.../Garden%202018

>>> I've never had any problem with Walmart's seeds... actually they sell
>>> Burpee seeds specially packaged for Walmart, smaller seed count but at
>>> far lower prices.... not everyone wants to grow 100 greenbean plants.
>>> Walmart sells Burpee seeds in the quantity I used to buy in the second
>>> grade from Brooklyn Botanic gardens for 10¢ a packet.* We always check
>>> Walmart first for vegetable seeds.* The only seeds, or plants, we
>>> can't find for the past two years are for acorn squash, no one has
>>> them and I don't know why.* Last year there were no acorn squash being
>>> sold anywhere around here.
>>>

>> Popeye, yoose need to understand that some people follow a religion in
>> hating on walmart. I think yoose could attend their prayer services at
>> yoose local target store
>>

> * I have nothing against Walmart , hell my wife works there ! They just
>have shitty seedlings . Probably mostly because the people who care for
>them have no training in how to care for plants and really don't give a
>crap .

I was talking seeds, NOT seedlings. We plant vegetable seeds directly
into the ground and some in peat pots using sterilized potting soil.
Most all nurseries plant in UNsterilzed soil and so their seedlings
are very likely to be diseased.
As to Walmart's nursery stock, I think it's fine, it comes from the
same wholesaler who supplies all the plant nurseries in the area.
Walmart doesn't grow their own stock. Walmart's nursery stock is just
as healthy as the nearby nurserys only Walmart is limited to selling
ordinary/common plants, anything special/rare/expensive one needs to
go to a large nursery that does their own horticulture and carries
plants from distant horticulturists. And Walmart doesn't sell
*trees*, they sell saplings... I'm too old to plant saplings, can be
20-30 years before it's a tree that offers shade. I mostly plant
trees, and mostly rare trees. I have a friend who's an arborist, he
tells me I have the only Kentucky coffee tree for three counties. When
I planted it 16 years ago it was about 12 feet tall, now it's about 25
feet tall and is looking spectacular. I have several trees that any
arbortorium would be proud to have.