Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default Our first tomato , 2018

On 6/18/2018 11:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 6/18/2018 8:22 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> You are Way ahead of me, that's for sure.Â* Congrats.

> Â* Aren't you kinda up north ? I'm in North central Arkansas , about 50
> miles south of Misery .

I had you mentally pegged for the northwest, no idea where I got
that. Funny the little things you pick up but obviously I got
you mixed up.

Yeah, I'm in Jersey about 25 miles south of the southern tip of NY.
It was a cold wet spring this year, not complaining about the rain
but everything's late.

> We're on the south edge of the Ozark Plateau ,
> our usual last frost date is around April 15th . We are having a *VERY*
> good year . I plant a lot of tomatoes because we eat a lot of tomatoes
> ... a good share of these will be canned for later use in soups and
> sauces . Some will be frozen whole - my choice for long-simmering sauces
> . And a lot will be eaten fresh

Sounds good to me, I don't grow a lot of vegetables but my main goal
is tomatoes. Three plants should do us as I don't can. A bunch
wind up frozen.

nancy