March

> "Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
> > "Filip Geerts" > wrote in message

> >> Westvleteren Trappist is only sold to individual customers. Every
> >> customer
> >> promises not to sell the beer to others.

> > Is that really still the policy, Filip, or are people ignoring it?

Because
> > I have purchased more than a few bottles of Westvleteren from retail
> > stores and pubs in the States.

Westvleteren is available in café Spijtighen Duvel in Turnhout, not so far
from the Dutch Border.
Also brouwershuis in Baarle-Hertog has it I presume. Kapelse drankenhandel
in Kapellen has it for sale too from time to time.
It might still be the policy that it's 'illegal' to sell, but I don't think
anyone cares.
Lucky for those who don't live close to the abbay.

Cheers, Gunter

www.ober.be