Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Simple foods with local cost factors

Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:24:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:29:49 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> > >
> >> Hi, moving this post over here.
> >>
> >> --------this is from a Yahoo group local chat area.
> >>
> >> Tonight I was finishing up some work at home so Charlotte took

> over for >> most of it. I only helped with the Garlic bread and
> suggested the >> garlic addition to the jarred sauce.
> >>
> >> As a quick fix I always have some jarred spaghetti sauce. This

> one is >> a Classico 4 cheese blend. Charlotte added about 3/4 ts
> powdered >> garlic to it which kicked just right against the
> sweetness. >>
> > I've yet to encounter a spaghetti sauce that was ever improved by
> > adding anything to it.

> Are you saying that supermarket spaghetti sauce is perfect or that it
> can't be saved?

I generally make ours because we like it better and it's really easy to
do from canned tomato products that are lower sodium (an issue here for
my husband). I also enjoy diddling with the seasonings (grin).

The occasional backup jar does exist here for a quick fix if I am
either out of my own frozen sets or some that may have been freshly put
in the fridge in the last 2-3 days.

I tend to the Classico brand because the jars afterwards are useful and
it's taste is acceptable to us. A bit of doctoring makes it better
though.