Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Stuff

On Fri, 25 May 2018 07:23:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 8:02:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Can't start a fire on the Sabbath. By extension, can't flip an electric
>> > switch in case it makes a spark.
>> >
>> > They make moveable covers for light switches so you can't accidentally
>> > break the rules. I've got a couple so I don't, for example, accidentally
>> > turn on the overhead light in the bedroom in the middle of the night
>> > when I'm trying to turn the ceiling fan on. Both the light and the
>> > fan have a decora switch, and it's easy to accidentally brush one when
>> > aiming for the other, in the dark.

>> Don't you modern jewish ppl see the silliness in all this?

>I'm not Jewish. Never was.
>
>> I do believe in a God but not all this nonsense spouted by
>> various religions.
>>
>> The Muslim dawn-to-dusk fasting during the month of Ramadan
>> really cracks me up. Heck, I do that all year long and they think
>> they are making some sacrifice? LOL!

>Do you drink water during the day? They don't.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I'm pretty sure they are permitted water during fasting times for
medical reasons... they don't give up Rx meds, and no rule says you
can't take your pills with a pint of water. Once a year when I go for
blood work it's a fasting test, nothing from midnight... I try to get
an early morning appointment but not always possible, I hate having to
wait until noon without my morning coffee.