Posted to rec.food.cooking
jinx the minx jinx the minx is offline

Default Stuff

Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> On 5/24/2018 2:49 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>>> Not my job to be judgemental but I will be. If you have a lifestyle
>>> that requires your kids to be raised by the hired help, you should not
>>> have them. Do the have to have that kinds of a lifestyle? No, it is
>>> their choice. They are putting material things ahead of family.

>> The children are not being raised by others. Don't know where you got
>> that from. These people have figured out to have an income and not
>> live in their parent's basement. They are keeping their children safe
>> and occupied. They aren't latch key kids.
>> The days of a mother staying home to be with the kids is no longer
>> possible. I guess they could do food stamps and seasonal employment.
>> Janet US
>>

> I'm not talking about the food stamp crowd. I'm talking about the BMW
> crowd where the wife has to work so they can have a Lincoln Navigator
> SUV too. I'm talking the ones that have the huge house with a big
> mortgage and they both work so they can take a cruise every winter.
>
> The food stamp crowd does not have nanny's. They may use grandmom.
>
> Today some things are different. We lived with only one TV, no cell
> phones or iPads.

The food stamp crowd doesnt use grandmom€”they get childcare subsidies to
enroll their kids at the best daycares in town. And even in a state as
welfare friendly as MN is, the minute you start working and earning money,
they reduce your food stamp benefits to almost nothing.

Even so, its splitting hairs to draw a distinction between parents that
use external daycare vs. daycare that comes to their home. Its exactly
the same. And in many cases, that college €śnanny€ť (in the olden days known
as a babysitter) that comes over after school is cheaper!!