Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default Stuff

On Thu, 24 May 2018 12:49:30 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 May 2018 13:53:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 5/24/2018 12:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 May 2018 09:04:33 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> they put meals on the table. They also attend soccer, swimming, PTA
>>> and the kid things. But when one person is leaving or coming back
>>> from the airport and the other is on the way out, it becomes difficult
>>> to manage the shopping. To be fair, I never said they did all their
>>> meals delivered. People our age can't really judge. These are not
>>> employees with traditional 9 to 5 jobs that I am talking about, I'm
>>> talking about running their own business or being director of a bunch
>>> of people all across the US. The nanny takes the children to school,
>>> picks them up and stays with them until the parents arrive home.
>>> I believe you are thinking of the households in the old black and
>>> white movies where these people live in.

>>Not my job to be judgemental but I will be. If you have a lifestyle
>>that requires your kids to be raised by the hired help, you should not
>>have them. Do the have to have that kinds of a lifestyle? No, it is
>>their choice. They are putting material things ahead of family.

>The children are not being raised by others. Don't know where you got
>that from. These people have figured out to have an income and not
>live in their parent's basement. They are keeping their children safe
>and occupied. They aren't latch key kids.
>The days of a mother staying home to be with the kids is no longer
>possible. I guess they could do food stamps and seasonal employment.
>Janet US

Then of course they would be ingrates who should be sterilised. I
think there are many who would like to be home with the kids,
sometimes the father, sometimes the mother, but one parent needs much
more income than they are likely to get in order to achieve that.