Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

>>> I'm pretty sure Publix offers the same sort of thing. Ah yes, but this
>>> is seafood:
>>>
>>> http://www.publix.com/products-servi...in-bag-dinners
>>>
>>> First, choose your fish...

>>> I would think they'd have to be in heavily populated cities to make it
>>> worth their while. These kits are for people who are (allegedly) rushed
>>> for time.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I think those kits are silly and overpriced. If I was in a rush
>> for time, I would just stock up with frozen dinners and there are
>> many good ones available now.
>>

>Or make your own "freezer meals" when you have the time and stash them
>in the freezer. I've been doing that for years, even before I had a
>separate freezer.
>
>$9.95 per person is the price breakdown in a lot of ads. That's (I
>guess) after you get the $30 savings if you use a coupon code. Without
>the coupon it figures out to be about $70 for a box of food for four
>people. For one meal. YIKES!
>
>I can cook an entire and delicious meal for four for much less than
>(let's round it up) $10 per person. With quality ingredients.
>
>Someone else, I think it was Wayne, mentioned what if you don't feel
>like eating what they send? If you subscribe they're going to pick out
>what they *think* you want to eat. I don't know about you, but I can
>wake up in the morning thinking I might like to have a steak and baked
>potato for dinner, then totally change my mind later in the day.
>
>Jill

some people are so time committed that they don't have time to plan
what you are talking about. I know several couples, they travel
almost constantly with work, have 2-3 kids, a dog, a nanny a
housekeeper and lawn care person. They moved here from the big city
to live a more relaxed life style. I can't imagine what their life
was like before. They claim they are living a slower pace now.
Janet US