Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

>> > My grocery store has already started the same kinda thing. They cut
>> > the meat at their meat packing plant, vegetables from their coolers,
>> > and package everything up in a nice display box for sale in the meat
>> > department. Half the price of those meal delivery services.
>> >

>> I'm pretty sure Publix offers the same sort of thing. Ah yes, but this
>> is seafood:
>>
>> http://www.publix.com/products-servi...in-bag-dinners
>>
>> First, choose your fish...
>>
>> > All thjsoe meal delivery companies are hurting last I heard. I
>> > can't believe there's one that that's successful. It must be
>> > because of their Chicago-centric demographics. Just as ones
>> > concentrating on New York would probably be successful.
>> >
>> > -sw
>> >

>> I would think they'd have to be in heavily populated cities to make it
>> worth their while. These kits are for people who are (allegedly) rushed
>> for time.
>>
>> Jill

>I think those kits are silly and overpriced. If I was in a rush
>for time, I would just stock up with frozen dinners and there are
>many good ones available now.

Frozen dinners are very popular with those who don't know how to
cook... if they knew how to cook they would prepare their own frozen
dinners when they had time and fill their freezer. That's why I cook
many things in large amounts, I make my own frozen meals. I've tried
several of those commercially prepared frozen dinners, no thank you,
it's all mystery food, Read the ingredients list on those things,
lots of chems.