Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

> My grocery store has already started the same kinda thing. They cut
> the meat at their meat packing plant, vegetables from their coolers,
> and package everything up in a nice display box for sale in the meat
> department. Half the price of those meal delivery services.

I'm pretty sure Publix offers the same sort of thing. Ah yes, but this
is seafood:

http://www.publix.com/products-servi...in-bag-dinners

First, choose your fish...

> All thjsoe meal delivery companies are hurting last I heard. I
> can't believe there's one that that's successful. It must be
> because of their Chicago-centric demographics. Just as ones
> concentrating on New York would probably be successful.
>
> -sw

I would think they'd have to be in heavily populated cities to make it
worth their while. These kits are for people who are (allegedly) rushed
for time.

Jill