Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

> My grocery store has already started the same kinda thing. They cut
> the meat at their meat packing plant, vegetables from their coolers,
> and package everything up in a nice display box for sale in the meat
> department. Half the price of those meal delivery services.
>
> All thjsoe meal delivery companies are hurting last I heard. I
> can't believe there's one that that's successful. It must be
> because of their Chicago-centric demographics. Just as ones
> concentrating on New York would probably be successful.

Might work in NY but then pretty much all of the restaurants deliver there.
When I lived there, most of my neighbors never or rarely cooked. The one
that ran a daycare did buy frozen chicken nuggets that she heated up. But
mostly people went to the grocery store for soda pop, bagels, fruit and
maybe snack foods. They alternated between pizza and Chinese delivery and
those places sent so much food, there would be enough for 2-3 days.